The Asiatic/Australian water buffalo is a heavily-built, powerful animal capable of outrunning a
horse over 100yds. Not dissimilar in shape and size to the Cape buffalo, the Asiatic buff give up
nothing to their African cousins in terms of toughness or potential threat. Often, we have hunters
with prior exposure to Cape buffalo hunting, who are amazed at the tenacity and resilience of our Aussie buffalo.
We recommend the very heaviest calibre the client is comfortable in shooting with and have a conditioned minimum
of .375 H&H with 300gn projectiles, in the interests of humane dispatch and successful recovery. The 450-400,
416's, 404, 458, 470 and 500, when combined with accurate shot placement and adequate projectiles have all proved
reliable buffalo stoppers.
Tour Code: AUS1-7
Length: 6 or 8 Days
Australia: Asiatic Buffalo Trophy Hunts
Our focus on trophies is for age and mass in the bases. Typically, the lunar shape of horns prevails,
rather than the sweeper, with acceptable trophies starting with 17" bases and a horn length of 30" + per
side. Such a bull will score 94 s.c.i points, where the minimum S.C.I record book requirement is 80 points.
A percentage of the seasons take will exceed the 100 point range, with our annual average hovering just
under that figure. Such a buffalo, when taken in ethical hunting circumstances, in a wilderness scenario
is an outstanding trophy animal any hunter can be proud of.
Seven packages to choose from! Click on tab for full details of each package
Tour Code #AUS1 - Trophy Hunt
Tour Code #AUS2 - Trophy Hunt
Tour Code #AUS3 - Trophy Hunt
Tour Code #AUS4 - Trophy Hunt
Tour Code #AUS5 - Herd Reduction
Tour Code #AUS6 - Herd Reduction
Tour Code #AUS7 - ADULT & JUNIOR
Free DHTML scripts provided by
The hunting concession spans in excess of 1400 square kms of a variety of terrain, dependant on location. Open tropical savannah, permanent River frontage country, thick stands of old growth forest, swamp margins and semi-open stands of Tropi-eucalypt timbered country is all well represented.
The hunting concession has never been developed, grazed, fenced or farmed in any way. This is Aboriginal land, utilised by the Nomoorididi people of Arnhemland in a manner in keeping with long held traditions and customs.
We are privileged to have exclusive hunting rights to this land, granted by the Nomooorididi people, who encourage and support Trophy hunting for buffalo and other game, and whose long held traditions and respect for their country have salvaged this piece of pristine wilderness where sportsmen and women can experience a true wilderness hunt adventure.
Due to the remoteness and wild nature of the country, vehicular tracks are limited and access to remote areas can be time consuming, requiring long 4x4 drives through rough, and often unchartered bush.
Hunters are advised that for the very best of results, a medium level of fitness with the ability to walk medium to long distances whilst on the trail is highly recommended, though hunts are tailored to individuals' fitness levels.
Success rate for all hunters to date (2008), including all periods of the available season has been in excess of 100% (some of our hunters take more than one bull) for buffalo over 90 S.C.I points.
Within our booking period there are three quite distinct hunt experiences available.
We have quality, reliable bolt action rifles in .375 H&H available for guests who wish not to travel with firearms. Firearms are provided for loan, free of charge, guests simply pay per box for ammunition.
We provide Federal Premium ammunition, loaded with Barnes XXX’s at store prices.
- Early season, beginning of June to mid July,
- Mid season, end of July through to mid September,
- Late season, end of September to end of October.
Also included in your hunting adventure package is freshwater fishing for Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, Saratoga and other species at the successful conclusion to your hunting objectives, or as a relaxing diversion from regular activities. All fishing gear is supplied, free from any charge, on a replacement cost if broken or lost.
- trophy fee for one buffalo bull per hunter
- safari-styled tented hunt accommodation
- hunt meals and drinks (alcohol is prohibited in Arnhem Land)
- fully guided hunting
- boiling/salting buffalo trophies
- property/personal/travel insurance
- extra animals
- travel and accommodation prior and post hunt dates
- charter flight to pick-up point, Numbluwarr airstrip
- shipping and packing of trophies
- ammunition for loan rifle
- second lot of 10 herd reduction $3500
- third lot of 10 herd reduction $4500
- second buffalo bull $3800
- third trophy bull $4500
- wild oxen $2500 (includes field prep)
- wild boar $450 (includes jaw removal/boiling)
- wild boar shoulder cape preparation $400
- extra days $850 @1x1, $700 per person @2x1
- non-hunters $200/day
- loan firearm $100 (duration of hunt)
- visitor's firearm licence $60
- packing and crating $100 per trophy
- $2000 deposit required to firm dates
- SIGNED HUNT CONTRACT REQUIRED WITH EACH DEPOSIT.
- extra days required to be arranged at booking stage
- balance due 60 days prior to hunt dates
- deposits non-refundable
- trophy fees for additional animals must be paid prior to departure from hunting concession by either cash, travellers' cheques or bank cheque/draft
- personal cheques not accepted for any hunt payments
- cliesnt to provide travel/health/property insurance
African Taxidermy Prices
SA Gun Import/Services
©2006-2009 OffHunting.com - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer & Privacy Statement
Last Updated: June 16, 2010
powered by Mucciolo.net